Only 2 Exercises Are Truly Linked to Longer Life – What They Are And Why!
- Years ago a large insurance company did a study to find out which profession lived the longest.
- The result will surprise you like it did everyone else – TOO THIS DAY! The profession whose members live the longest is musical conducting!
- This little known study was done decades ago and to this day no one knows why conductors live longer than anyone else.
- BUT there is a fascinating theory. This theory is simple: it all has to do with the movement of the arms. Here’s why.
- It is known that arm movement is the major way in which lymph is circulated throughout our body.
- Blood has the heart. Lymph has arm movement.
- And music conductors move their arms like no other profession, indeed, like no other activity except…
- How important is lymph? It is a major part of the the immune system. Lymph is how our organs and body tissue remove waste. It is how the body fights disease and recovers from injury. It is absolutely essential to our health.
- Only 2 exercises that I know of move the arms as rapidly and repeatedly as music conductors: swimming and the Pilates 100!
- BY THE WAY, the Pilates mat routine also includes ‘Swimming’ where you pump your arms just like swimming in the water.
So be sure you’re doing at least one of these on a regular basis!
For more by this leading instructor and voice in the Pilates world go to PilatesLessons.org.